We all end up feeling completely worn out or overwhelmed from time to time. It is a sign at these times that we need to start looking after number one.Listen to your alarm bells and pop the road humps in to help slow down as it is essential for our health and wellbeing.
We end up seeing to everyone else’s needs and forget our own, so now is the time to make some changes. One or two changes can make a big difference.
• Learn to switch off you cannot keep overdoing things and rest, keep phones in another room if you are tempted to keep checking and responding
• Forget guilt, taking care of yourself is not selfish it is essential to keeping going
• Try not to overcommit trying to please others you end up chasing your tail, don’t do it
• When we end up doing too much we don’t have time to cook and eat the wrong foods, put on weight and don’t feel great about ourselves
• Ask for help something that a lot of us are not good at doing, we need to do more of it
• Stop trying to multitask and do one thing at a time. It is less draining and therefore less stressful
• When we are stressed or anxious our breathing speeds up and we end up shallow breathing. Breath deeply into your diaphragm
Look after number one make time for your self-care and prioritise it.
Book it and make it happen, value yourself.